Monday, January 12, 2009

Missed a day

OK, I missed a day posting and didn't even notice. But I'm here now, starting up again.

Beautiful day for welding today so I decided to make a piece for Todd's function. Finished it except for adding some glass. Didn't get a picture for you, but will have one tomorrow.

Cleaned up and took Ms. Hensley stuff and picked up stuff. She is a little past Walnut Hill - road trip! I hate this time of year with all the bookkeeping for Bob's company. I never have it completely together even though I try really really hard.

Stopped in at Clothes Circuit on the way back toward the Arboretum. Tried on the cutest jacket, unusual peach color with a zip front. I took it to the big mirror, tried it on, tried to zip it up. Not easy unless serious sucking in. Asked a customer who was walking by if she thought the jacket was to small. She said perhaps. Then she said, "Is that the giant size malt in your hand?" I gave her a dirty look and didn't respond. Didn't by the jacket either. I have a few jackets in my closet that are a "touch" small.

On to the Arboretum for Artscape meeting. Got there at 4:00 on the dot. No one in our meeting room. Felt that little nagging feeling when you know you've screwed up. To the office, saw Charlotte. Asked the receptionist. Yup. As she called Melissa, I remembered the meeting was changed to noon. I remembered Melissa sending us a reminder notice. Well, shoot. So sad that I can't blame this one on a conspiracy, isn't it? Wait, give me a day or two and I'll figure a way.

No comments: