Monday, January 5, 2009

Continued Pictures and Ice Day Musings





























I wrote this yesterday, but saved it to a draft instead of posting. So here it is today:

Continued pictures from the party. Some very attractive people, if I do say so myself. I meant to tell Rusty (in white shirt in group picture) while he was here that all my artists were so delighted to get a Christmas card from Big Tex. Nearly every artist called or emailed to tell me and went on and on. Really nice of him and Melanie. You'd think I could remember to thank him. I will email thank yous. Almost every artist is ready do do a totem for the totem garden at the State Fair again next year. I'm thinking I won't have to resort to begging and whining to get enough artists.

So today was our ice day. Stayed home and enjoyed it. Blackjack and Miss Calico ran out to do their business and then ran back in. Didn't hardly get their fur wet. I love a day like this, but put out candles just in case after hearing on the news some people lost power.

Tonight was a Forest Hills Board Meeting. I had every intention of going. Went in the bathroom to put a little makeup on before going. Not one, not two, but three brand new zits on my face. One small, one medium and one absolutely gigantic. I kept staring at them while brushing my teeth and then realized there's not enough coverup here or at CVS Pharmacy to allow me out of the house. Wrinkles and zits, is life unfair or what? I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow. Asked Angie for red with lots of blond. Should have asked for blue or green then everyone would notice my hair color and not the zits, which will all be gigantic by tomorrow. Lucky me, I get to stare at my zits in her big mirror while she's slathering on color. I'll just leave my glasses at home.

I made tortilla soup today. Emailed Martha to tell her. She, like James Randall, is concerned someone who looks like me has kidnapped me and replaced me with a domestic goddess. Instead of flying to my rescue, as you'd think one of your dearest oldest friends in the world would, she sent 3 soup recipes. Today's torilla soup was very salty. Same recipe as last time. Bob loves salty, I don't. I looked back at at the recipe and realized teaspoon and tablespoon have always confused me. Not to mention it's really hard to read the little spoons, they write the measurements so small. What's that about? The garlic bread was kinda inedible. Not inedible really, just hard as a rock. If you have dinosaur teeth, I think the bread would have been fine. Then I made a salad. I opened a bottle of salad dressing that I won at the neighborhood Halloween party. The bottle was in that basket from Harry and David or whatever that fancy food place was. The flavor was orange something, but not very good. I just hate that I opened it. The dressing would have been a wonderful regift, especially for someone who knows about the fancy label, which surprisingly most of my friends do.

Martha also emailed me that it's a little known fact a lot of people keep their Christmas decorations up until Easter, so not to worry about taking mine down. Easter? I'm thinking next year my Christmas theme will be bunnies to insure the teardown is after Easter. Bunnies and Christmas seem like a natural to me. Martha is redeemed for not flying to my house to be sure I haven't been kidnapped.

Must close, I have lots to do. But Cynthia emailed me she finished the 4th Thursday Next book. So I think I'll celebrate by getting back to the second book I'm reading. I much prefer fantasy worlds to the real thing.

Till tomorrow.

No comments: