Monday, June 30, 2008

Friends, Periodontics and Colonoscopophies


This morning while  cleaning up this birdbath I grouted yesterday, the phone rang.  I've left this phone handset outside in the rain so often it's lost it's display so I have no idea who calls.  I heard Jamie's voice and before she could speak I said, "2:00, Houstons today for lunch, I'll be there."  She said no had to cancel.  Her Periodontist (sp?) just called and can fit her in.  She started telling me about her gum trouble.  I told her to look on the bright side.  Gum surgery drugs are the best.  A moment after she hung up, Martha Dawn called.  I told her Jamie just called to cancel lunch and why.  Her reply, "I'll probably call and cancel our next lunch because of a colonoscophy (sp?) or something."  Honestly!  I gave her a hard time.  She told me to get over it, we're old and this is what happens now.  She just had a birthday, she's many months younger than me.  However, after her colonoscophy remark (how do you spell that word?) I'm switching our age and I'm going to be the younger by many months.  

Barbaree Babes met tonight to celebrate Cynthia becoming a Babe and her birthday.  Lauire had all of us over for lasagna and we all brought side dishes.  All there but Glo.  A good time was had.  I told Laurie we had garden tour after meeting.  We made her the Artist Czar.  I'm going to be her assistant with a fancy title, too -  Czarette.  

Babette, Czarette, I think I'm finding my ette ness.  


No comments: