Monday, June 2, 2008

TSA award at the Nasher Sculpture Center




Here's Nan with the representative from the governor's office and the certificate he presented to her to celebrate the  Texas Sculpture Association's 25th anniversary year.  We had a nice group from the TSA to watch Nan accept the award.  When I saw the limo in front of the Nasher, I assumed the governor himself decided to present it.  Nope.  Apparently reps from the governor's office get to ride in the limos and park out front, too.  Did I pick the wrong profession?   I was born to travel in limos, guess I forgot to put that on my request form.  Must have really been nice after the ceremony, since the limo driver kept the motor running with the air going.  My car was so hot when I got back in it, my makeup rolled down my face onto my neck.  Next life I'll be sure I get on the limo train.  Dripping makeup is not my best look.

Laura got there a little late, makeup perfect.  She was just a bit busy since her show at the Hayley Hayman Gallery started in a few days.  Any time I get to be with her is a treat.  We went outside and shot pictures of her for her bio in the sculpture garden.   Forgot my camera when Bob and I went to her opening.  Her pieces are terrific and everyone reading this should go see them and of course buy.  

There was a professional camera person documenting this momentous occasion, so go to to the TSA website to see all the swells who attended.

No comments: