Monday, June 9, 2008

Tuesday Tip Day

I was talking to Bob about what to keep writing and he suggested a tip day.  So now Tuesday is Tip Day.  

JoAnn gave me this one.  She found this guy who gives tips on saving money.  He's Clark Howard and these tips are pretty cool.  At Cosco, marked down items end in 97.  At Sams, clearance items end in a penny amount like .73 or .47.  If the bar code number has the letter C after it, it's a clearance item.  I had no idea.  Picture me at my next Sam's visit with numbers shooting out of the top of my head as I try to remember this.  Not my best look.

East Dallas Art Gardens should have some garden tips, so here's some overlooked and underplanted perennials for our area.  These are from the Far East Dallas Garden Tour.  

Basket of Gold
Butterfly Weed
Heartleaf Bergenia
Golden Wave
Blanket Flower
Gayfeather
Beard Tongue
Gloriosa Daisy
Yellow Fall Crocus
Rain Lily
As a PS, my rock rose is blooming and is the only plant in my yard that will continue through the nasty nasty 100 degree weather we will endure during what will seem like 13 months of summer.  

Another great tip is log onto the Arboretum's website.  They change the pictures of the gardens often and you can just keep entertaining yourself with their beautiful pictures.

Now that Bob gave me Tuesday Tip Day idea I'll be looking for bizarre tips in the future.  Stay tuned.


No comments: