Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tiling and Hot Flashes



Last September we had a leak in the master bathroom and the water spilled to the adjoining little powder room carpet.  I pulled the carpet up right away.  I knew I had enough tile left over from when I tiled the master bath.  A mere 9 months later here I am tiling.  I started a very long two weeks ago and the floor’s still not finished.  


There’s lots of time to think when you’re on your hands and knees tiling and grouting.  The ceiling fan turned on high doesn’t keep hot flashes at bay.  So I spend a lot of time deciding the worst places I can be while “flashing”.  Perhaps on my knees on the bathroom floor is not as bad as welding class when I have to lay down on the cement to let the flash pass.  


Oh, wait, I know.  How about during a board meeting that’s gone on for two and a half hours and I’m eating the 4th brownie home made by our hostess?  There’s at least one other lady at the meeting my age and though I would never single her out - JUDY - it would have been nice if you’d said something about it being a little warm while I was fanning myself so hard with my paper plate I sent brownie crumbs to stick on the ceiling.  


Back to the powder room floor.  Of course I’m out of grout.  Just a little to go and the grout bag is nothing but dust.  Perfect excuse to delay completion to the day before our Christmas party.  



No comments: