Tuesday, June 3, 2008


Welding class tonight.  I arrived with a mission, cut out my house numbers on a 2' by 3' foot sheet of metal.  Class starts at 6:30.  The heat was out to get us.  Then the mosquitoes attacked my knees.  Yes, I had on shorts, it's 100 degrees!   What's a few metal burns compared to my hot flashes?  I grabbed a table down with the regulars and started drawing my numbers in chalk.  Maybe chalk's not my medium.  Finally got the numbers drawn on the metal and they look a lot like a 6 year old's drawings.  Cut the numbers with the torch - yes, let's add more heat.  But I think I melted any mosquitoes who were trying to snack on me.

Dan asked me if I sent Staci the picture we took last week.  (Staci who wears diamond drop earrings and a pink feather in her hair when she welds.  Gotta get a picture of her for you.)  Of course I forgot to send the picture to Staci.  I'm delighted I can remember I was at welding tonight.  I did put the picture on the blog last week so thought I'd put it up again tonight.  Told Dan I have a blog and was going to name it Women Who Weld.  He thought that was a great name.  Besides welders Cynthia and Arlene, he's the only other person who would possibly read a blog named Women Who Weld.  

Now that I think about it, Women Who Weld may appeal to a broader base than East Dallas Art Gardens.  Who knows about these things?

Hard to see in the picture, but I also have on diamond drop earrings in Staci's honor.  Maybe if they were real they'd show up better.  A pink feather certainly would.

Pictured left to right - Arlene, me, Dan and Cynthia  
Dan's such a great teacher it's time we made him an honorary "Women Who Weld" member.

I just looked at the picture again.  Now I'm worried JoAnn will be upset.  She might think this it a Sex in the City picture and she's not in it.  Not to worry, JoAnn, in your shorts with the clorox stains, you'd have blown us away with your style.  

No comments: