Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sex and The City



JoAnn and I went to see Sex and The City yesterday afternoon.  She has Mondays off now so we put on our best NYC style and headed out to the movie theater behind Sams.  Always the in place to see and be seen.  Once again forgot my camera, so here's a description.

JoAnn's son is moving to Denton and she's cleaning out his apartment.  She stopped cleaning with minutes to spare to jump in the shower before the movie, because she knew I wouldn't let her in my fancy car.  Her blue jean shorts had been attacked by clorox and had giant white spots on them, always a chic Dallas look.  No makeup and needing a bit of a coif redo, her elegance was shattered when she jumped in my car and was stabbed by rusty metal rebar I'd forgotten to unload.  The bright red blood spot accented the clorox shorts and drab t-shirt.  I scream at her to catch the blood before it made a mess on my 10 year old car seats.  She offered me gum with a rather deadly look.

On to my fashion statement for the Sex in the City movie; bib overall shorts with the lovely big orange buttons I sewed on myself.  Only slightly dirty from welding, I changed from the long sleeve shirt I'd been welding in, fast spit bath and found my stylish purple Sylvestor the cat shirt.  Removed welding boots for flipflops and combed my newly colored hair.  No makeup necessary, the slag from the welding is imbedded in my face now.  JoAnn once again had some comment about the weird color of my hair.  I reminded her "sale" color hair color ($3.88) always has a special hue.

JoAnn treated to the movie plus diet snacks - two very large cokes, largest popcorn you can buy, milk duds for her and goobers for me.  Not Cosmopolitans, but worked for us.

We were entranced by the movie as we saw ourselves mirrored on screen.  Swaggering down the stairs after the movie I even tripped in my flip  flops just like Carrie did on the runway.  Art mirrors life!




1 comment:

Taylor Barkin said...

Ok, I looked and I only have a couple of things to say...first I can't believe you are a "blogger". You barely text...to say you are electronically challenged is being kind. I on the other hand who computes all day should have this down....I'm a virgin blogger--I typed in three great paragraphs that dissappeared becaused I didn't have an identity. No news to me; I have felt that way for a long time. Ok, so I chose a pen name and I am trying again.

Second, you got my outfit right but you totally misrepresented your ensemble. You were wearing a cute purple t-shirt and khaki shorts. It has always amazed me that you can throw on something in 2 minutes and look like a million.

There may not be four of us but the two of us seem to get as much mileage out of the friendship. I think we could pick out pieces of each of the characters lives and identify them with our own....only we will keep those to ourselves!!! RIGHT?

Lives are full of chapters and that's what makes it worth getting up for. The SATC girls were right about one thing....laughter is the key and it can bring you out of any degree of funk.

Thank you Lottie for always taking the good with the bad and never distinguishing between the two. Now, for my birthday I would like only one thing.....Mr. Big standing in front of me....saying "Don't worry, Baby--I got this!" I know you thought it would have been about Elvis....see there are always surprises in life!