Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lynn's Estate Sale


East Dallas Art Garden's blog has a garden picture today featuring Lynn.  Doesn't she look perky?  Lynn's estate sale was great as always.  Lots and lots of people.  I love going and visiting with people I know.  It's all about me and my social life.  I bought a lot of pristine stuffed animals for our redemption arcade at Billy Bob's.  Then told Lynn I'd come back for the bricks in the back yard.  Today I hauled the bricks home.  Quit counting at 128.  Brick hauling has me "stove up" now as my grandmother would say.   I'm hoping to start a vegetable garden in the one little spot in my back yard that gets sun and thought surrounding the little garden with bricks would look nice.  Hopefully this time next year the bricks won't still be stacked up along my fence.  I wish I'd taken more pictures of the lovely back yard.  

Lynn let me dig up a few plants.  I love plants from someone else's yard.  They have personality.  One of my favorites is a Japanese Maple Barb raised from seed in her yard and gave me.  Every morning I open my front window shades so it can have morning light inside the living room.  I know I have to let it go live outside someday, but not just yet.  The Bobbi/Lola rose is flourishing in the back yard along with my Mother and Grandmother's old roses.  Talk about personality.

Just in case you've forgotten or didn't know, Lynn is BlackJack's Godmother.  Without her no BlackJack.  You can imagine how we feel about her.

Tomorrow I meet with the State Fair of Texas to firm up the location for the "Friends Of Lottie" (my unofficial name) Totem Garden.  There will be lots of progress reports on this.  I'm hoping it will be the talk of the State Fair when it opens.  

No comments: