Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sales on the Garden Tour



This couple bought two of my pieces during the Garden Tour.  They were delightful, but I had a hard time getting them to hold the kisses long enough for me to get the pictures.  It's not easy being a cameraman and director.  I asked for her card (to send a thank you note) and I promptly put it in such a safe place I only found it last night.  

The first piece, I was experimenting how to stack, but be able to take apart for transport.  The square pieces of metal seemed a bit blah so I mosaiced the inside of each square with colored glass.  The second "cactus" piece is cut out metal with fused glass inserts.  Both pieces were the perfect heights for a couple to stand behind and kiss.  I'll remember that for future pieces.

She's the manager of MINT, a wonderful Asian restaurant at Central and Forest.  We've been there with our supper club and other friends.   Most of you know I don't travel past Northpark unless someone drags me, does that tell you how delicious and fun MINT is?

No comments: