Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jewett EDC outdoor sculpture show






Really exciting new. Terry Jones' Jewett EDC outdoor sculpture show in Jewett, Texas is juried and about to be installed. Terry invited me to enter and with all that's going on I wouldn't have except he has been so faithful bringing incredible pieces to my Friends of Lottie Sculpture Show at the State Fair. So because of Terry I entered. They juried 12 pieces in and I was accepted. Jetett EDC awarded $500 to each accepted, plus a complimentary one night stay at the Executive Inn & Suites on Main Street. Now that's the way to put on an art show. Delbert Beckman (also one of my faithful State Fair artists) was accepted and graciously offered to take my piece when he goes to install. More graciousness, Terry is going to install the piece on the 4 foot slab he probably built. I blew out some holes in the base today for his bolts. How about Delbert and Terry taking care of me? Seriously good people. I appreciate them.
More information as the show unfolds.

No comments: