Tuesday, October 7, 2008

To the State Fair with Hardy and Jeff


Hardy and I met Jeff from ModernDallasWeekly yesterday at the State Fair for a tour of the sculpture garden. He's great and Hardy is going to do a piece or two for him. Jeff and Hardy may cook something up together. They are both creative and would do cool things together. Hardy took this picture of Jeff and me.

Then Hardy and I went to see Melanie. She gave Hardy his gold pass and me some tickets. I've given out so many to Call To Artists folks, I had none for my customers. I'm hoping next year to get more Call to Artists, but the ones like Sharon at ArtGroupsDFW have been very good to me with this show and others.

Several artists called or emailed me that the bottom sign on my totem fell out and I needed to go out and glue it in. I of course forgot, but guess what? Someone had popped it back in. Thank you, whoever you are.

Even with really humid weather and raindrops, I must say the sculptures looked terrific in the landscaped gardens and totem garden. And again, I can't get over how respectful the Fairgoers are of the pieces. Amazing. I'm just swimming in the good will of all this. Life is highs and lows, enjoy the sweet times.

No comments: