Thursday, October 23, 2008

White Rock Lake Artists Studio Tour - pictures





More fun on the Tour.  First picture is me with my "tall chair".  Not a great picture, but the flowers are from Steve Stansbury, my oldest friend.  He and I lived across the street from each other in New Iberia, Louisiana when we were children.  He and Alvin never forget my birthday though I forget all their important dates.  I love and adore Steve always.  Back in the 50's when all the parents parented all the children on the block, Mrs. Stansbury was one of the gentle Moms.  Still is, gentle and elegant.  Mr. and Mrs. Stansbury live in the same house they lived in when I was 3 years old and it's familiar every time I walk in the front door.  So many good memories.  The flowers are still smiling at me from the living room.  

Next picture is my teacup and teapot totem garden.  Instead of walking through out front door when we leave and come home, we drive in the back to the garage, so I think of the back as our entrance and decided to do something with the back little garden.  Since I'm not a gardener, but try to get a few things growing, I find the teacups and teapot totems never wilt, droop or die.

Last, but not least, these are Mel's motorcycle pipes.  He brought them to me 5 years ago (through the front door during our annual Christmas party).  I looked at them all those 5 years, never could see them as sculpture and threw them out.  Bob saw them by the garbage cans and of course came up with the idea for me to weld a base and stand them up.  I put some flowers in the top of the tubes during the tour.  They didn't sell, but look like a million motorcycle bucks.

Tonight Cynthia hosted a Barbaree Babes Birthday Party.  Chere and I both had birthdays Saturday, October 18.  Party was delightful.  I put a moratorium on presents, but Vince had already bought me a birdhouse.  So sweet of him since his birdhouses have all been stolen since the garden tour.  I'll have it hung and birds will be nesting soon.  Glo made Chere and me each one of her wonderful wire animals.  A chicken, of course, for Chere and a squirrel for me.  I'll treasure the birdhouse and squirrel.  Both so perfect for me.  Many wonderful cards.  Laurie couldn't make the party.  Her beautiful 18 year old cat, Odie, died and she is in mourning.  We all understand and send much love to her.

Cynthia's house looks better every time I visit.  I will put a picture of the welded flower she gave me for my birthday on the blog soon.  She's really got something there with her flowers.S  She welded a small bottle tree for her counter.  It's right under a light so the colored bottles sparkle.   Did I remember to  bring a camera to the Chere and Babette Babe birthday party?  Nooooooooooo

No comments: