Thursday, October 9, 2008

I am heartbroken

I am heartbroken.  Juli's beautiful mosaic totem has been damaged.  Rebecca from the Fair found river rocks close by.  She thinks children were throwing rocks at each other and hit the totem instead.  This incredible piece is very damaged.  If Rebecca's right, serious damage would have been done the kids if the rocks had hit them.  I kinda prefer that.  Sounds terrible, but Juli put hours and hours into this piece and shame on whoever did it, their parents, their parents parents and all their nasty family.  If someone did this on purpose, I wish you many bad things in your life.

Here's what Juli said to me on the phone when she arrived to see the damage, "Shit happens.  I am honored to be in this show and I hope you invite me next year."  Can you believe how classy she is?  It was all I could do not to burst into tears.  I can't believe I'd be that good in that situation.  What an amazing person.  Still, I'm sure she's devastated.  If only I could wave a magic wand and make this not have happened. 
I am so honored to call Juli my friend. 

1 comment:

manifest design said...

oh noooo! this was my favorite piece out there even though they were all beautiful, this one spoke to me. i am so sorry. do you need help repairing it? i could help if you show me what to do. autumnmu@yahoo.com