Thursday, May 22, 2008

McMansions, sales and such

Bob and I stopped in at the sale on Forest Hills Boulevard this morning.  Knew something was up when we saw the address was at a McMansion.   I had assumed it was an estates sale with a builder "build to suit" sign out front.  Bob's a good sport about this if it's on the way.  We looked at each other as we were walking toward the back yard and knew it would be brief.

As we were leaving Bob said, "That looks like furniture and decorator items they put in these McMansions to sell them."  I said, "Yes, and all the ladies there seem to be working the sale."  As we're walking out we both said almost at the same time, "Check out the cars."  There were 5 white SUV's that looked exactly alike to me parked one behind the other and on the other side of the driveway two similar black SUV's were parked.  We were the only customers there so we know the vehicles belonged to the people who were working the sale.   

I'm going to have to keep my camera around my neck from now on.  But then again, this all kinda scared me so better not to have a picture.  I guess Forest Hills Blvd. is going the way of Santa Clara.  How did this happen?  

My dear friend, Jamie, told me she received the most wonderful gift the other day.  Someone took a picture of her house and framed it.  She said, "You know when we leave our house someone will tear it down, but at least I'll have my photo".  So sad we all think we're the last owners of our happy homes and giant trees.  And we probably are. 

No comments: