Monday, May 19, 2008

ONCE AGAIN, A SUCCESSFUL TOUR

The tour was simply terrific yesterday.  I only visited the other two Forest Hills gardens to check on my darling artists and then didn't get out except to pop into Vince's garden.  Friends were there with cameras and I'm sure will be sending me pictures.  If anyone out there has pictures please send them and I'll post them.  

It seemed to Cynthia and me we had a steady stream of attendees all day.  John and Abbie were wonderful hosts.  John answered questions all day long with out a break.  Every time I walked through the garden I saw something I hadn't noticed before; unusual plants, sculpture or just a restful area.  I think under "secret gardens" in the dictionary there's a picture of John's garden.

Our volunteers were great.  JoAnn was first shift and with Debra the second shift.  They admitted to people they were not plant experts, but the visitors loved them.  Judi and Carol were away from us selling raffles and donations in the front garden, which is beautiful.  They sat under giant trees in a cool oasis.  

I'm going to post this and try to download some pictures.  Look for more great pictures and reminiscent ings as the days go by.

No comments: