Monday, May 5, 2008

Garden Club Field Trip @ Robert Bellamy's





Barb arranged for the Garden Club to go on a field trip to Robert Bellamy's wonderful garden. I've been on his web site and knew I'd love it, but before we went in I was delighted. Barb had a clicker and opened the big metal gate. Then it was mecca for me. This picture is a window of a metal piece with fused glass inside. I'll have more pictures soon.

Since I'm still afraid of the welding torch when I'm home alone, I decided to take a beginner class with Dan at the Creative Art's Center. There was this wonderful girl there. She was very pretty, blond with a pink feather in her hair and rhinestone drop earrings. Her dark welding glasses had rhinestones all over them. I told her I loved them and she said she made them. OK! This is someone I instantly liked. Unfortunatley, this was a makeup class for her, she isn't enrolled in my session.

When class was over we finally introduced ourselves. I slur my name so I always spell it. She spelled her's Staci "with an i". What a shame I wouldn't be seeing her again.

As our garden club field trip was wrapping up, Barb said, "Come with me to the office, Staci, with an I, wants to say hello. Small world! Staci looked fabulous with all her bling and gave us a back tour and her card. I'm trying to get her to volunteer for the White Rock East Garden Tour, May 18th, Sunday from 11:00 to 5:00. If she's in town she said she would. Everyone will love her and she'll have a great time.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Dear Lottie Godess,
I thought I already left a comment.

Bellamy is wonderful. Was his garden at The Moon Masion? Did you see any of his art? He is amazing.

Annie