Saturday, May 17, 2008

Preview Night

Our son, Randall and his two college roommates, Logan and Mitch, came to film preview night for us.  We'd been talking about a  Barbaree Babe show of some kind forever and decided tonight was the night to make Babe Lola a star along with the gardens.  Bob took still pictures while Mitch filmed and Randall and Logan set the scenes.  

First picture is Lola's first interview, always gracious Barb.  She whispered to me Randall would really like her dear husband because of his tattoos.  I agreed and told her that's why we will keep John and Randall apart.  Randall doesn't need John's encouragement.  

Second picture is Donna telling Lola about the beginnings of the tour since Donna.  Amazing how everyone just stepped right up to Lola and they all chatted like old friends for the camera even though Lola was meeting everyone for the first time.

Third picture - I wore my guitar glasses in John/Elvis' honor.  His and Mary's garden was an amazing transformation since I saw it weeks ago during a garden club meeting.  I'm hugging BlackJack's godmother, Lynn, another from the beginning tour organizer along with Bob and Sam checking Mary's hard work.

Fourth - Logan in the mosaic arbor at the peaceful Glenn Garden.  

Fifth picture - the terra cotta cat I've admired for years in the Canter Garden when driving by or walking Eustis.   You won't believe you're in Dallas when you walk through this amazing back yard.  If there is reincarnation, may I please come back as one of her kitties.

Sixth picture.   Like the Advocate photo, even Bob can't take a picture that shows the wonders of this garden.  The boys had to stop filming at Vince's garden because the camera battery died on them.  We went back after the tour because this garden had to be filmed.  I hope Mitch captured some of it's magic.

That's all for now.  I have metal to paint, earrings to pack, teacups to wrap for the tour tomorrow.  Come by and see me in the 8407 San Pedro garden.  Cynthia and I will be there surrounded by art.  Plus, the plant sale is right across the street from us.

I'll get pictures of the rest of the beautiful gardens we visited tonight posted in a day or so along with actual tour pictures.  








No comments: