Monday, May 19, 2008

more photos




JoAnn, John and Judi in the garden right before the tour started.  JoAnn was so good to come over and volunteer.  Time is such a premium for everyone.   I tend to mis-speak a bit and I guess I  said something to someone I shouldn't.  JoAnn, eating a sandwich, calmly said to everyone, "You have to understand my role as Lottie's friend the last 15 years has been to say to people - What Lottie meant to say - when she blurts out something like she just did."  Whoops!  Well, she's right, she has done that for me for the last 15 years.  I never tell her thank you, so Thank you, JoAnn.

Speaking of time, I'm sure even John doesn't want to figure out how much time he puts in his garden to create such a spectacular place.  And Judi?  She's one of my garden club buddies.   Later I'll have a nice posting on the Garden Club Girls and you'll realize how special they are.  Judi is also a Lakewood Nitwit and someday I intend to visit.  They will have the patience to teach me to knit.

JoAnn, John and Judi with their tour outfits and sign just scream, "Great Garden Tour Here"  don't you think?  

Then Debra came for the afternoon shift to so JoAnn could go on tour.  She had a big time.  She's buying a book on plants so she can disperse correct information next year.  Who cares?  They love her personality and who would guess she doesn't know one plant from another?  Until I see pictures of Debra and me together, I truly believe we look like sisters and I'm as tall as she is.  I hate the reality of pictures.


1 comment:

Hardy Haberman said...

Enjoyed the tour and your sculpture!