Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Artscape Meeting at the Arboretum, yesterday



Yesterday I went to the Arboretum for the Artscape meeting.  Laura and Brad wanted to take out her piece so she could put it in her show this weekend.  Brad will wait until May 31 un-install day. I should have taken pictures of both their pieces.  It's been a beautiful sculpture show there.  The Arboretum was very gracious to let us stay an extra month during May Blooms.  

I stopped in the office and found Melody and thanked her for having a table at the tour Sunday.  Then saw Ruthie Rogers (the tall cute young one with me in the picture).  She's been wonderful during the sculpture show getting me permission to drop in on the sculptures every few days to check on them.  I get to park at the entrance and go in an employee gate, wipe a little bird poop off a few pieces and go home.  

On to the Artscape Meeting.  I told Amy I'd arrived early, really.  She said, "Who did you stop to talk to?"  Boy, does she know me.  Here's some of our Artscape committee members.  

Larry Waisanen, Amy Winklemeyer, Carol Scott, me and Diana Pollak (my new favorite person)   Artscape, September 20-21, will be something this year.  Much more on that in future blogs.

No comments: