Thursday, March 26, 2009

Santa Monica Wedding/Malibu Garden



Here's the back of Kato's head watching Ronnie before Justin and Sophia take their vows under the giant pepper tree. Great setting.

Then back to garden artscapes. The big pot/table with the little succulents under glass has fascinated me since Dan designed it 7 years ago. I don't understand why the succulents don't burn up as the sun hits them through the glass. Malibu sun sensitive to little succulents under glass? I love a walking stick plant and the plant in the blue china pot reminds me of one. I'm wondering how heavy the pot by the pool is. I'm also wondering how Dan got all these pots in the back yard. Must have been a job. But talk about worth it. Everywhere you turn in this yard is another little or big surprise you didn't notice on your last visit, or yesterday's walk around. Pretty special



3 comments:

Julie said...

That is the coolest outdoor table with the clear top and succulents underneath...as long as air can get in to keep moisture out...and I think they like air flow as well...I love the idea of this...may have to make one for my front porch! Thanks for showing!!!

Julie said...

Hi Lottie!!! Thanks for coming by! I have a following on my blog of succulent lovers, and artists! I can see by their comments that they, too loved this table! I found your blog through a Google Alert for SUCCULENTS that I set up...so every time someone posts about them, I get it sent to my e-mail!!! I have found the neatest people that way! The picture you have of yourself is such a fun picture!!! I am so jealous you live in California...my fav state EVER! One day....... lol. Can't wait to see all your succulent pics from Malibu!!!

Phoenix C. said...

I love the succulent table! What an interesting blog you have.