Thursday, January 21, 2010

Barbaree Babes present first Manicure Lecture Series

The Barbaree Babes presented the first Manicure Lecture Series Sunday, January 17. Cathie Flato brought articles, books, pictures and jewelry, featuring her Father, world renowned jeweler, Paul Flato. Cathy held us spellbound telling us about the incredible pieces Mr. Flato designed for royalty and Hollywood stars. She passed out books with pictures of Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Paulette Goddard, etc., wearing Mr. Flato's incredible one of a kind gemstones. We could have kept her going for hours with questions. A few friends were invited though Juli was the only guest who could attend. I'll bet when word gets out all invitations to the lecture series will be RSVP yes!

I'll be writing a little blurb for Black White Read about Cathie's presentation soon. Don't worry, I'll blast it everywhere so you can't miss it.

Equanimity Magazine is out on line. My column is on page 36. Soon the magazine will be in print form in Barnes and Noble. I'll haunt the store waiting.

Soon I'll get serious about the Octopus and Octopie blog. If you haven't already checked it out, click now.

Also, Artscape At The Arboretum is March 20 and 21. I'm on the committee and it's going to be the best ever. Mark your calendar.

No comments: