Friday, May 8, 2009

Larry Powell and the Garden Tour Preview Picture

Larry Powell wrote in his blog today about the White Rock East Garden & Artisans Tour. Rebecca Poling, a good friend and President of Companions For Life, sent him some information on the tour and our pet adoption. He also mentioned our great neighborhood Animal Alert headed up by Andie. Other neighborhoods now use Andie's program as a guide.

I miss Mr. Powell's column in the Dallas Morning News. Always looked forward to it and don't understand why he's not there. Always made me smile. He did a lot of good for a lot of animals through his column and still does through other resources. Got to meet him at one of Dawn's fundraisers. We were all in costume including the pets. Too much fun.

The world of Dallas animlas is a better place because of Becky Poling and her good works. I'm assuming Rebecca is Becky's grownup name. When I mention her to animal people they think a minute and then I say, "Rebecca Poling" and everyone knows who I'm talking about. Thank goodness Becky's become a grown up so I don't have to.

I'll keep you informed as more media hits for the tour.

1 comment:

rpoling said...

You're too sweet! I hope the tour goes well and wish I could be there --

Rebecca (just because it is a grown up name doesn't mean I'm a grown up!)