Friday, March 14, 2008

Hello East Dallas Art Gardens

What am I doing starting a blog about gardens with art in East Dallas?  Art in the garden is where I want to be now.  This welded steel and fused glass "butterfly leaf" I made last fall for display at the State Fair of Texas is now on display at the Dallas Arboretum.  The Texas Sculpture Association is celebrating it's 25th anniversary and the board was asked to find venues for the members to show this year.  I asked the Arboretum if they would allow us to come in and display our art.  My wonderful Partner In Art, Cynthia and I got it together and with the help of Nan Phillips, the President and Brenda Guyton, our webmaster.  Brenda sent out a "call to artists" and we installed  twenty TSA artists and their sculptures Saturday and Sunday March 1st and 2nd.  The art is on a pathway leading to the old main gate and looks incredible in the Arboretum gardens.  I'm hoping the Arboretum,  www.dallasarboretum.org/ will spotlight us in future publicity.  We will be there six weeks and then begin another rotation.  Check out the www.txssculpture.com website for pictures of all the pieces and my website, www.lottieminick.com for more of my pieces.

1 comment:

Hardy Haberman said...

Glad to see your work getting out and about in Dallas. Keep making sparks!