Monday, September 15, 2008

Spotlight on Juli Hulsy

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto,we're in TOTEM LAND.  Here's Juli with her fabulous totem for the State Fair Totem Garden.  This is a gigantic pvc pipe she's had in her yard for some time and she's doing this incredible mosaic work on it.  She told me one little fish was 125 pieces all individually grinded.  Pretty special.  Juli's done a lot since this photo and I need to go over with my camera, but my totem is in the back yard SCREAMING at me to finish.  I'd like to open the windows in the bedroom tonight since it's so nice and cool outside, but I'm afraid the totem will slink over to our window and whisper scary words like - NINE DAYS TO INSTALLATION.  Inanimate objects have always scared me, but not as much as deadlines.

No comments: